The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Valentines Day is for LOVERS...


Do you like that spicy, spicy title? Me too.

I've pretty much always enjoyed Valentine's day, except for 2009 when I was still hung up over the guy who'd broken up with me a few months before. I've always thought it needn't be a day solely for romantic lovers, but that we should be able to celebrate all those we love in whatever way. Then one day in...like 2008, there was a devotional talk at BYU-I that I attended that totally supported the idea-it talked about...well, basically this. Just take a look for yourself. Fascinating stuff.

Anyway so almost always, I look forward to a day devoted to love. Why not, right? I love holidays. I always dress Jori and I up for them. (Pictured above, and below is evidence.) And I don't need a huge deal to be made, but I've made it clear to Sam I like flowers and chocolate on Valentines day. (By saying 'Sam, I want flowers and chocolate for Valentine's day this year' several times before the day. I try to make it easy for him-that way I'm not annoyed or disappointed when he doesn't pick up on hints, and he doesn't feel frustrated either.)
So Valentines was great this year. Not that we were able to celebrate all that much-we only saw each other for 45 minutes before 7:00 pm, but we made the time we had count.

When I got home from my Tuesday class, guess what was on the front door? A sweet little envelope with a heart and my name on it. I opened the envelope and found...a CLUE!! Sam sent me on a mini scavenger hunt around our apartment! Since he knew I'd love it.

And love it I did! I had so much fun hunting down all the clues-even though I needed a bit of help on a couple. Finally he led me to roses and chocolate, which he'd hid under the covers on our bed. Joy! :)
He then took me downstairs and had a surprise dinner waiting, which definitely was a surprise. He wanted to do something un-expected, so he got a whole ton of...like snack foods and finger foods, and just made those. He even cut some of the cheese into little hearts. What a romantic! ;)
I had a great Valentines day. I hope everyone else did, too.

1 comment: