The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Friday, March 23, 2012

Call me Julia Childs!



I've been real impressed with a lot of my family members lately. My mom is basically going without sugar for six months-she's still eating fruit, but no sweet treats. My sis-in-law Chantale and my brother Mike have decided to do similar-they're eating healthy with basically no sweets, and exercising trying to reach weight/body fat percentage goals. And another brother, Nate, has also decided to eat healthier and exercise more, and his wife Jandel is being very supportive.

They've been the inspiration I needed!!!


Now, I feel intimidated when it comes to cooking a lot of the time. There's so much to consider! I feel like I need to cook healthy, inexpensive, tasty meals, that incorporate in food storage and don't take too long to prepare. Did you get all that? That's five things. Oh! And presentation! Apparently dishes are supposed to have different elements of color, texture, temperature, shape and...I think something else, like flavor variety. WHO CAN DO ALL THAT?! Not I, said the Ariel.
But!! With all this healthiness in the air, I decided to just pursue one of those possibilities, and not worry about the rest. So I found Seven healthy recipes online, plus one snack recipe, went out and got the ingredients and am having at it! I'll post my reviews on here of each.



Pros: Quick to prepare, not too expensive or exotic on the ingredients (for the most part), only 314 calories per serving.
Cons: A serving size is not realistic-both of us had more. And if you leave out the garlic (Sam hates garlic), not much flavor. Plus I've never been too big a fan of pasta. And prosciutto? Even the meat guy at the grocery store didn't know what I was talking about.

Overall...I give it a B-. I'd probably be fine making this about once a month, but probably not more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment