The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

September 29, 2010

I just made a different post, but I thought I'd post again about our weekend in Franklin. It was really great! It's always nice getting to spend time with the family, and we also got to see some friends.
We arrived late Friday night, and had a nice supper waiting for us. We chatted with my in-laws, Darren and LoaLee, put in some laundry, played with the pets a bit, and headed to bed.
Saturday we slept in (which was glorious), did homework, and then took the horses out to an arena and rode them a bit along with Jotham, Hyrum, Mark and Hollie. (Jamie and Hannah were at a bridal shower of one of Jamie's sisters.) I was actually really terrified to ride the horse. I don't know why! We watched Seabiscuit fairly recently, so maybe I was just thinking about that part when Toby Maguire falls off and his leg gets horribly broken, from being strapped to the horse.
Anyway I really was terrified of going any faster than a slow walk. Every time the horses started to, I 'whoa'-ed.
But really, it was a nice time! I especially always love seeing my Samuel Don, at home on a horse. My hot cowboy husband!
Friday evening, LoaLee and I went to this stake dinner for Relief Society sisters that was put on before the Relief Society broadcast, and then Sam and Darren met with us and we all headed over to the wedding reception of Kevin Jensen and his new wife, Nida.
I thought that was really great! I got to see the two of them together, which made the whole thing finally seem real to me. It had almost seemed like a big prank before to me-I guess I forget that people's lives go on, even when I'm not watching.
We also got to see Kevin's twin, Ryan, and James and Jenna. I really love when we get to see any of these people or Mark and Halsey, because I think Sam is just happier when he gets to see his close friends. I wish they would all move to Utah Valley! Oh well.
We also had at our table a boy with down syndrome that Sam went to high school with, and a boy with autism that Sam grew up with. It made for fun conversation at the table. It was great. :)
On the way home from the reception we stopped at Grandma Hatch's place, just to say hello. I'm glad Darren thought to do this. It makes me sad when I think how lonely people must get, living all alone and not working. I hope Sam and I go at the same time! I was glad we could give her some company for a little while, and listen to some of her poems. She's actually a published poet, which is way cool in my opinion. I doubt I'll ever be able to say that.
Finally, we finished up Saturday evening with munching on popcorn and watching the first half of "Fiddler on the Roof" on my in-law's new, really nice TV. That was so fun. I love a lot of the music from Fiddler, but I hadn't seen it in a long time.
I need to work on homework, so I'll just finish this up real fast: Sunday morning we watched the Relief Society broadcast that we had missed the night before because of the reception, went to church, had dinner and soon after Sam and I had to leave. Pres. Monson's talk was amazing: he quoted Mother Teresa, saying "If you judge people, you don't have time to love them." That was good for me to hear: I've been really angry lately, and really judgmental. I'll have to keep this in mind.
Toodles -Ariel June

No comments:

Post a Comment