The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Actual date this was written: September 5, 2010

Well, we started school this week. We're running with the big dogs now at BYU! When I was in high school this seemed to be the easy, not-challenging-yourself school for all the smart kids in my classes. But having spent the past two years up at BYU-Idaho, I felt pretty intimidated to start.
Now I'm more just excited. It is going to be harder, but I think both Sam and I are plenty smart enough to be attending here. In fact, I felt pretty good about myself when I explained this question we had to answer in my new anthropology class to all my classmates since nobody understood it. Is that vain? Probably, but I liked it anyway.
We've been living in our new place for almost a month now, and we both really think it's great. We were stupid, though: we thought there was no swamp cooler or air conditioning, so just suffered through a few nights until my parents lent us a fan. But this past week we discovered a swamp cooler: surprise!
I've decided I need to set a goal to re-connect with all the many friends I've lost contact with, since being married. I only have because I'm selfish: my own needs were being satisfied, so I stopped seeing if I could keep being a friend. Lame. So even though I stink at being a friend, I'm hoping I can have lunch with a few girls from high school and maybe some people from BYU-I who moved down here as well, just one at a time and catch up. Then STAY caught up. Goal.
It's kind of fun that all of Sam's friends have been getting married this year. Now we can double with more people! That's another goal: to make friends as a couple. Normally we're just anti-social and do our own thing.
Changing the subject: I finished the Book of Mormon for the first time this past week. It was really a neat experience. I'm so glad now BYU and BYU-Idaho require you take the Book of Mormon class, because it got me to read! Yay! I learned a lot, and my testimony of the Book of Mormon was just re-confirmed. It was pretty cool: it wasn't like I heard a voice whispering "this is true" or anything. It was more just as it got closer to the end, I had the feeling, "you've known all along this is true. Because it is. Simple as that."
That's it for tonight, just felt like writing. tata-Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment