The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Scottish Festival 2012

Do you remember this? I'll give you a pic to compare:
 
Look at that precious, tiny little newborn! Awwww!! This was from the Scottish Festival, last year. One of our first ever outings with the little miss. Here's what she looks like now:
 It's like she isn't even the same person!! Crazy how much they change in a year, I'm telling ya.

Like last year, we chose to go to the Scottish Festival in Payson this year. It was actually pretty rainy this time around, but we had some friends join us about halfway through and still had a great time. Jori even napped! I have no idea how she did that there-it was SO loud. I guess it was before most of the bagpipes really got going, but still-people were EVERYWHERE, making tons of noise. And she fell asleep when it was raining, too. Good thing I brought some super fashionable...rain ponchos, so Sammy could hide her against his chest and keep her dry.

Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, so the above and below shots are the only ones I got:





This last one makes me giggle. You know me (maybe): always looking for something to laugh about. I had to take a pic, and elaborate: 
Every time we go to one of these events we witness that for some reason, the Scottish festival has a real draw for the...I don't know if I can remember the judgmental high school labels, but I think you could call them the "goth/punk/emo" crowd. What on earth??!! Why? That's what I'd like to know. What about kilts and corsets, like the one pictured above, is so appealing for someone with dyed black hair and black clothing head to toe? Or people who read manga all day and play video games? I just don't get it. 
In the women's defense...these sure can make your boobs look big. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment