The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bike trailer outings

In the middle of June, when I was grazing on KSL I found a Burley solo bike trailer for 60 bucks. Sweet! Oh  how I love a great deal. I'd been hoping to find a good bike trailer for a while, because I thought that'd open up travel and exercise possibilities for us (since we only really have one car). Not to mention just fun outings. :) 

 First time in it. 
I was a teensy bit worried, because Jori has never liked any of the things we've gotten for her. (Carseat, swing, bouncer, jumper...) But this she actually goes for!!! It could just be her age, but I don't know. Whatever the reason I'm grateful!

 One of our first outings, we went to a park on center street in Provo. Jori was pretty tired by the end of it all, but she enjoyed most of the ride and especially watching the other kids at the park. She loves kids.
 A week or two later, we biked from Canyon View Park to Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon with our good friends, Mark and Halsey Holt and their kids KJ and Claire. (Take a breath after that sentence, that was a long one.) 
 We have a lot of fun whenever we get to hang out with Mark and Halsey, especially because Claire is only a month and a few days younger than Jori. And KJ is the cutest little lad ever. 


 I know it looks like I'm torturing her, but I promise all she wanted was to splash around in the water. Which is surprising, considering it was freezing cold. I guess you can tell by her rosy cheeks she was a hot little princess after the ride.


 It's kind of surprising, but once you actually get up close it's really not that steep. If it weren't dangerous I would have hiked a lot farther up. 
 I kind of love this picture. Look at my happy girl. And I hate it, I look like a goon. haha 
After we reached the falls, we biked a bit further and re-visited the spot where Sam proposed to me a bit more than 2 1/2 years ago, one chilly sweet November evening. :) It's crazy to think of how much has changed since that day. It was neat getting to show it to Jori, even though she's too young to know the difference. I hope that someday we'll get to show it to more of our children (however many that is). 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I bet we have bike helmet we could share for Jori, next time you come up. If you want one. I'll have to check. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete