The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Oh yuck

On Tuesday this week, I made a fatal mistake and somehow forgot I had taken Jori's wipes out of the diaper bag. Of course she pooped, and of course I was over at my parent's house so couldn't just go grab a back-up pack of wipes. Oi vey. I managed-we went to the bathroom, and I used toilet paper then threw it in the toilet. We used some wet toilet  paper to finish her off. It hadn't been that bad a diaper, compared to some things this baby's created-but I committed to never make the mistake again. 

....

And then later that same day, Jori and I had to go on campus to a group meeting with my professor for one of my classes. HOW did I forget to go home and swipe some wipes? I do not know. But we got there, in the professor's office, huffing and puffing since I forgot where the building was and had to cross the ENTIRE campus to get there, and what do I find? After a couple minutes of crawling, Jori practically bends in half, turns pink and lets out some grunts. 

Oh no. 

Yep. Jori decided she wasn't done with the #2 business for the day, so did it there. In my professor's office, in the LDS family services building. bah! 

So we had a repeat of the day's events-but in a public restroom this time, which made it that much more embarrassing. They had a baby changing thing but I couldn't use that, so we just had to go in the handicapped stall and do our best. 

On the bright side, at least I was resourceful right? And at least I hadn't forgotten DIAPERS, rather than wipes, right? Right. But still. Yuck.

2 comments:

  1. Its days like this when I wonder what they did before wipees. Using a washcloth just grosses me out! Very resourceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done this before too and I've used my share of toilet paper or paper towels in bathrooms! Now I stash a bunch of diapers and wipes at my parents house and in the car. Of course they are probably too small...

    ReplyDelete