The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chatty chatty chat face

I feel like typing something, since it seems plenty has happened since I last made an entry. But this won't have any pictures...ok ok, I'll post two videos at the end. How bout that?

*Dan, Britany and Evie came and stayed for a week at the end of March, their last day being the first day of General Conference. It was great to have them here, and to get to know Evie Lou a little better. She's such a sweet little girl. One of the days, it was really funny though: she crawled up to Jori real fast, and without hesitating just like clawed her face. Jori didn't even realize what just happened so I guess she as no worse for wear. Silly girls!

*Tomorrow, April 11th, is the last day of classes for BYU. Then there are two 'Reading days' and then finals begin Saturday. I'll have two finals, and I may be able to take both of them Saturday so may do that to get them over with. We'll see.

*BECAUSE tomorrow is the last day of classes, I had this paper that I'd been putting off all semester due that I finally had to buckle down and do. Want to know the ironic part? I chose to write about ADHD, which I was diagnosed with in May 2009 but only tried medication for it the following summer and then kinda forgot about it. But I couldn't focus...to write a paper on ADHD! Ha. That tickles me. (If you're curious, I'm Primarily Inattentive type, which means I don't really have the hyperactivity problems. Just the paying attention ones.)

*Sam had some madness with the Linguistics department, and it was looking like he'd have to graduate in December instead of August, but we think we got it straightened out. It's a long story so I'll leave it at that.

*I really want to go see Hunger Games. We'll be going either this weekend or the next, finally. Yay!

*I taught in Relief Society again and kicked butt...just kidding. I felt so un-prepared this time: when I tried to prepare it was just a major failure, I could not think of questions to encourage discussion the way I usually can. Fortunately I have a great ward and the sisters got the discussion going on their own, just with a little prodding from me.

*We got Jori a new carseat, because she still hates being in her carseat most of the time. She is getting better though, and I think this one helped a lot. It's a convertible carseat; we got her the Britax Marathon 70. It's huge, but more upright than her last which she likes. A success, I think. Just not when she's blinded by the sun, yeesh.

*I'm trying to figure out what I need to do for an internship and am totally stuck. I can't make up my mind: do I try to find one Spring Term, which is like two weeks away? Or for Summer, and try to balance with Sam's Korean-teaching? Oi vay.

*Jori's as cute as ever. She's experimented with different crawling methods, and switches off a lot. But she just started crawling the 'traditional' way a bit this past weekend. She also cut her first tooth, a beauty on the bottom, and is pulling herself up on things and in the tub (which means mommy and daddy have to be extra attentive during bath time). Oh! And her cousin Miriam (6 weeks older) does this head-dance thing? Jori started doing something, too. Only Miriam's is fluid, more...well yeah, like a dance move-Jori's is more twitchy. But sometimes you can make her do it if you shake your head at her. We had a lot of fun grocery shopping yesterday, she and I, doing it back and forth.

And without further ado! Promised videos.
Soccer babies:
Jori pulling herself up:
Head-wiggle/twitch...till she spotted me:

3 comments: