The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

BOO yah!

Done with school!!! ....for the semester.

I decided to do something unusual for me, and I got all (2) of my finals done the first day finals were open, which was Saturday. So Jori and I have had a pretty fun week with me not worrying about homework hanging over my head. Yay!

Much more exciting, though, is the fact that Sam is as we speak taking his last final of his last full semester of college!!! I'd say last ever, but he has to take this internship class Spring term and they may have a final, I don't know. But after his internship he'll graduate this August!

In case y'all didn't know, you should be very proud of Sam. School's hard enough when you're going full time AND trying to work at the same time. But then throw in a family to support and it's even rougher. But THEN throw in your wife is still in school, so you have to babysit so she can do schoolwork/go to class, and there's virtually no time to just do something for yourself. That has been my Sam's life for the past two semesters, and I really couldn't be prouder of him for doing all that he has.

Speaking of summer...(we kind of were, right?) this summer is probably going to be nuts for our little family. At least Sam won't have as much schoolwork to deal with, thank goodness, but right now the plan is for me to go full time Spring Term, and do MY internship Summer Term while possibly also taking another class Summer Term, as well. But that has to somehow work around Sam's internship class Spring Term, him working part time landscaping, and then SAM'S internship Summer Term as well.

Wish us luck. :S I've been so adamant about Sam or I being the main ones caring for Jori: I feel like since we made the decision to start our family before either of us was done with school, we shouldn't depend on others to take care of our child. She's our responsibility. But I may not have the luxury to say that this summer. BOY do I hate swallowing my pride. Tastes nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment