The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Nursery, plus maternity photos

I know everyone would rather see pics of our little lady, but if I don't load one of these I never will! Here's the pictures of the nursery-I finished putting it together Wednesday morning, when my contractions were just getting started. Talk about cutting it close!





The ottoman and the dresser were kind of little projects for Sam and I: Sam painted the glider and ottoman a really pretty cream, and I sewed the cover for them. Sewed!! Look at me! :) And Sam painted the dresser-it was a kind gift from my parents, but they didn't give it for it's beauty-it used to be a lightish green...anyway it needed some work, so we went with a brown and cream. Sam may not be happy with how it turned out but I think it looks great!
As you can see, we do plan to use cloth diapers-eventually. I had no idea how many diapers newborns go through-she always needs to be changed!
We have a lot of baby girl clothes, from all sorts of sources-some I got from ksl, some from the baby shower and a whole ton just on Monday of last week (three days before Jori's arrival) this woman in the ward gave me an entire lawn and leaf bag full. Tons! So that's pretty fun. I'll have to wait until she's big enough to dress her in most of them, though-she's a petite little lady, let me tell ya!

Also, I found this lady on craigslist who said she'd do maternity photos for me for free. We finally got those taken, but turns out she'll only let us keep 5. Still, here's the link to those: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.203905369641693.28417.188379107860986 if that doesn't work type in 'Ashley Shaw Photography' in facebook and it'll come up. Which should we ask to keep?

1 comment:

  1. How fun! How are you going to pick just five of the maternity shots! They turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete