The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Thursday, July 7, 2011

A baby story...hahaha

You know that show called A Baby Story on TLC? How perfect-this is totally about that.

Ok! Contractions started Wednesday, June 29th in the morning. I'd had contractions before that were more intense, even, at the Hatch reunion: but these were more regular, which I thought could mean these were the real deal.

The problem, though, was that Dave was going through the temple for the first time that night. And he being the youngest and me the second youngest, this was my one and only opportunity to be there during the first temple experience for one of my siblings. I wanted to be there so badly!! So I prayed and prayed that Heavenly Father would help me make it through the session, even though I was in labor, and also sent a text to some good friends to please do the same (I didn't want to bug family: I figured it was Dave's evening-I didn't want to distract).

The prayers worked: the contractions weren't nearly as bad throughout the session, and all was well.

After the session, they started to get really bad when eating dinner with the family. After about 45 minutes at home, Sam and I decided it was time to head to the hospital. I was not a happy camper at that point-contractions are awful! Power to you ladies who do natural births!!

Unfortunately after staying for an hour and only being dialated to a two, they sent us home (with a nice shot of morphine for me) and told us to come back when the contractions weren't bearable. This was annoying-they already weren't bearable. But hence the morphine. And I got some sleep this way so I've gotta count my blessings.

I woke up at about...4:30 or 5, and stayed in bed grimacing for about an hour trying to tough it out-I did NOT want to be told we'd have to go home again. But we decided it was time to head back about 6, and fortunately this time I was dialated to a 6 and was 100% effaced: epidural time!! I cried, I was so happy. The joys of modern medicine, let me tell ya.

After that it was smooth sailing: I drifted in and out of sleep all day long, chomping on yummy Tiger's Blood ice chips and being shifted from side to side. Sam was such a support-he stayed with me, holding my hand through contractions (before the epidural-afterward I had no idea when they were happening) and just keeping me company.

Finally at...like 2 ish, things sped up-I was dialated to a 9 or something...
anyway. I'm sick of typing so I'll just say after pushing for something like an hour, out popped our Jori Colette! 6 lbs 7 oz, 18 inches long. Small fry! The cord was wrapped around her neck twice but they took care of it right away, and everything was fine. Wonderful day let me tell ya.

The first few are out of order: I wanted to show her going home outfit, how big it is on her, and a couple other cute photos. The rest are chronological. :)







Joys of epidural!!


I felt pretty nasty so Sam got my contacts and makeup bag so I could put on some eyeliner, and I felt a little better. I hadn't even brushed my teeth!



Skin to skin was actually a really cool experience-I'm glad I did it.










2 comments:

  1. oh, I've been wanting to see more of my newest niece! I'm so glad you got around to posting! I think she looks like Sam! Glad labor and delivery went well. Thanks for sharing more of the details I was wondering how things went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so cute! I love that tiny newborn face. She is seriously a pretty little newborn too. Takes after her mommy :)

    ReplyDelete