The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Garden, haircut, tortillas, outings and maternity pics

So obviously my life is revolving around our little one right now, but it's also made me a bit stir-crazy. So I resolved to think of at least one thing I can do each day that I feel is report-worthy. We'll see how it goes.

First! Our garden! I talked about it before, didn't I? Well here are some pics of everything:

Carrots growing in nicely here;
Here's some of the peas and the watermelon plants growing next to it;
Look at our summer squash coming in!!
Overall. Ta-da!!! From left to right, we're growing: corn, canteloupe, watermelon, peas, squash, cucumbers, carrots, more peas and more cucumbers. I'm really proud of this garden, though I shouldn't be-Sam's done almost all the work really. But still! It makes me happy.
Second: my haircut. I went to get it cut at this place called Craig's Cuts in Provo on Wednesday (they have $5 wednesdays) and was only going to get a trim basically...but I went a bit shorter. You can see how much by comparing my maternity pics to now. It's kind of fun! But I also a little bit miss the length. But that's ok-I guess that always happens, doesn't it?

Third: we made corn tortillas from scratch on Sunday. I LOVE cooking with my Sam-he's a good cook anyway, and it's something we've done since we were dating. So I do it as often as I can really.


Fourth: outings! We went to the Bicentennial Park in Provo on Thursday and friday, and last Saturday we went to a Scottish festival in Payson. We had a lot of fun at both-though at the park Thursday we were trying to push the stroller on this rickety boardwalk and Jori's head was bobbling all over the place. But she didn't stir! Some of the park was gross, but some was really beautiful.
Hello, toad. Next to litter. It wouldn't stir-we even threw dirt clods at it and nothing.
THIS part was more enjoyable

Hello sleepyhello hot bagpiper
Just like at the park, Jori slept through the whole Scottish festival. We were afraid it'd be too loud for her but if it was, she sure didn't show it! We had fun watching events and bagpiping, looking at all the things for sale and eating some yummy frozen yogurt.


I think Sam looks like Captain America in this picture:

Finally, here's the maternity pics I chose:






the end

2 comments:

  1. I love how big your garden is. It is so awesome that you guys have done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are such an ambitious new mommy! Way to go. Your maternity pics are gorgeous. Sam did a good job when he married you :)

    ReplyDelete