The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Monday, December 2, 2013

Gymnastics! /introduction to sports

Back in September and the beginning of October, Jori got to be in a  5-week gymnastics class for two-year-olds. Good heavens, it was fun. :) I think I had as much fun watching her and getting her excited about the activities as she did! It was a little insane that we started when Atticus was 9 days old, but I wanted a reason to get out of the house and an opportunity for Jori to socialize. (I'm too much of a hermit to mind being home alone myself all that much...at least, lately. That and I've been watching like a movie a day. But Jori's no hermit.)

So it was a blast! But. Full discretion. I sound like an idiot in all these little clips. I never realize how annoying I must sound until things like this. In my (weak) defense, I was a bit overly enthusiastic in an effort to get Jori excited about all the activities. I do that a lot in my parenting, and Jori's usually pretty receptive.












Jori was lucky because the two other girls in the above photo, they were actually in our last Provo ward. So she had two little buddies, even at the beginning.





It was kind of adorable, honestly--I think Jori was the smallest child in the class. Like for the bar for example, they'd have to scoot the thing the others were standing on forward so she could reach it. But she was also a good participator--some kids were not all that willing, but Jori almost always was willing to try what the teachers were trying to get the kids to do.



It actually ended up being more than just a gymnastics class, it was a sports introduction class, too. So Jori practiced kicking a ball into a net, shooting baskets, hitting a ball off a tee, etc.




I love this one: all the little brothers, just chillin'. I mentioned how she had two little friends from our old ward--funny enough, both of their moms each had boys next, after girls first. Just like our fam. :)






On the last day, they had all the kids stand on this thing individually, and everyone (parents and the other kids) would cheer for that person.
 (My favorite teacher wasn't there on the last day--bummer. She was the one in the green shirt in the first pictures.)

I just may sign Jori up for the class again in January, since it was so great. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment