The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

True love is...

...well. I mean, it looks different to everyone. My Sammy is not outgoing or bubbly. He doesn't profess his love to me publicly via facebook. But he's funny, quirky, and ALWAYS so quietly thoughtful. He knows how much I appreciate acts of service to feel loved. Well...and verbal affirmation...and gifts, to be honest.

So I wanted to point out, for my benefit most, what true love looks like from where I stand.

True love is...

Saying 'I hate painting.' ...Then painting two full-size bookcases, by himself, without even being asked, followed by doing a TON of work on this buffet so that it can finally (a year after moving here!) be brought into the house.

Saying thank you for the meal, and eating it all, no matter how late I prepared it or what I cooked. He has always made me feel great about whatever I make, which is insightful since I have no skills and sometimes feel bad about that.

Also cooking for me, when I hate cooking. Just asking, "Do you want me to cook tonight?" When the thought of it is a miserable one to me. And taking over, and creating something awesome on the fly.



True love is...

Forgetting to pack a lunch other than an apple, but because the law school provided free Sodalicious and he knows how much I love it, bringing me home the cookie they also provided instead of eating it.

Ironing. For me. Not only does he iron his clothes, he usually irons mine on Sundays (the only day I care enough to get the wrinkles out).

After he had a difficult, discouraging day, and I, thinking out loud, complained of all the cracked taco shells in our newly-opened box, he taking one of the cracked ones off my plate and giving me one of the few un-cracked ones from the box I had left for him. Just because.


True love is...

Letting me be me. I used to think I needed to find someone exactly like me, but really...I'm a bit of a weirdo. Sam just lets that happen, without making me feel bad about it. Not really sure how to put that into words adequately but it's pretty bomb.

Putting the phone away when he's with the kids. Dude is ENGAGED. I wish to be more like him.

Just...making me WANT to be a better person, without asking me to be a better person.

Seriously. This guy. Smoochy face.


1 comment: