The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Moving

One of my favorite people is moving six hours away. I'm really excited for her, I mean they have four kids and her husband is finally graduating and they got a job and even just bought a house in their soon-to-be new area...I'm just bummed to be losing a close friend. And bummed Jori's losing a couple, too. (She gets along well with their oldest and their second oldest, who is only three days younger than she is.) I wish it wasn't so hard to find friends like these ones. I was reading some Austen-y material and it says "bosom friends" frequently. I'm definitely losing that. BAH. Life. 

It was kind of funny though, in chatting she said something like "I just wish in all these moves, we could just take our favorite people from each move with us, and then all live in the same spot." And I've totally fantasized about something similar. Having all of my favorite and Sam's favorite people in one cul-de-sac or block or something, with no children being without a playmate and everyone getting along awesome. 

Sometimes being shy by nature makes making close friends particularly difficult, so when one has been found and then lost...oh bother. 

Maybe someday we'll be millionaires and can buy up a whole chunk of land somewhere beautiful and green, where jobs of all sorts of varieties are plentiful and then we can build a ton of houses after consulting with friends on what is their dream home, and then they can live in them. Perfect. 

Or maybe I'll finally learn that "Bloom where you're planted" idea. I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment