The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Monday, October 14, 2013

My Graduation

My graduation was wonderful and exciting, for me. Surreal, too. It just felt like there must be something else left that I had to complete. I think I expected to have this big, feel-everything-all-at-once moment since all my work for the past almost six years was leading to that moment. But I didn't really have that 'hit me' moment I expected, other than a little bit when they had the graduates stand and say something like "Now graduates clap for your families, who helped you get to this point" because that is/was so, so true for me. That made me tear up a bit. 


Jori was SO cuddly after commencement! I loved it. And Sam told me afterward, she kept saying "Silly graduating kids!" with the graduates that walked past them after everything was done. Cute girl.
Because my dad's a professor, every commencement ceremony he attends he's supposed to wear his own graduation robes from his highest degree achieved. So he wears his MIT robes. (He's one smart cookie, that dad of mine.)
It was funny, in my college there were three of us that were really pregnant walking. One girl was due two days after me on September 7th, and one in October, and me September 5th. The one due immediately after me was kind of moaning and groaning, which was funny and annoying. But I guess it's not fair of me to judge. I'm so happy to be done!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment