The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentines weekend!!!

If I could plan it, Valentine's day would ALWAYS be on a Monday. I had no idea how perfect that would make things. It felt like we were celebrating for four days straight! It was glorious.
THURSDAY: The festivities (for me) started. Work was particularly glorious that day-fewer kids, meaning less crazy and more one-on-one time. Everyone seemed happy the whole time-no fights really, no crying, no hitting etc. And we frosted cookies! What fun!!! I love doing stuff like that with kids-its such a treat. I probably enjoy it as much as they do. :)
FRIDAY: I did laundry during the day, which wasn't the most exciting of activities. But then we doubled with my little bro and his chika for dinner at Red Robin, which was really yummy and fun. I haven't chatted with her in a while, so it was good to see her again. She's such a
sweetheart. Then we went to the nearest Redbox, where I had reserved the movie 'Knight and Day.' We actually bumped into some friends there, too, and it was nice to chat a bit. Then we watched the movie. Sam fell asleep (of course-he always does), but I thought it was a wonderful Friday night.
SATURDAY: Saturday morning I got to see two of my favorite old roommates, Emily Deweese-soon-to-be-Brown, and Sydney Jackson. We had brunch together at Gandolfos. It was so nice to talk and catch up! I only wish I'd insisted on taking a picture with my camera-Emily took pictures with hers, but I look gross in all of them. I didn't think to check very closely though.
Dang it.
Saturday afternoon, Sam and I had another date. :) We were going to go test drive cars, but it was right when the BYU basketball game was about to start, so traffic was terrible. So instead we chose to use up the rest of our second gift card for the weekend (we'd also had one to Red Robin) at Cold Stone. Then we wandered over to ShopKo just to look around, particularly at baby clothes. It was so much fun :) I don't know why but so far, I swear every time Sam and I go to ShopKo I have such a nice time. What a dork.
Saturday night Sam had to work, and took the car. I wasn't feeling so great so re-scheduled plans I'd made with another friend for this upcoming weekend.

MONDAY: The actual day!! I started it out with cleaning everything up really nicely for when Sam got home. He's always happy to come home and discover everything is neat and tidy.
He got home after work at 11, and I
was delighted to receive flowers and chocolates!!! What a great husband I have. :) He knew I wanted flowers this year, and he even got me purple tulips which I really love.
We had a nice lunch together.
Then we went to Bicentennial Park and played Frisbee golf. It was great-other than hailing for a little bit, it really was a great day Monday-it felt very Spring-y. I'm awful at
throwing frisbees so that part wasn't so amazing, but I still had lots of fun with my honey.
After Sam went to class, I got to finish the mystery I'd been reading for the past week. SO good. I really like Mary Higgins Clark-I can follow her much better than Agatha Christie. I loved the dramatic ending to this one (Two Little Girls in Blue).
When Sam got back, he'd gotten a few goodies at the close-by grocery store, and he cooked me dinner. It was so fancy! We ate by candlelight. Ah! Here's two pictures:
















After the lovely dinner of elk steak, asparagus, corn, french bread and juice, we made fondue! It was our 'breaking in' of our little fondue pot-we got it for our wedding, but up till now we hadn't used it yet. It really went wonderfully. Here are pictures:

We had pineapple, bananas and of course Strawberries to dip into our yummy chocolate. mmm!!!
Dashing man: This is actually a really really genuine smile. Maybe it looks weird though cause I rarely feel this carefree:Sam says this should be on the fondue box.
I did this one because strawberries in chocolate are supposed to be so sexy. Yowza
We finished off the night with watching the movie "RED", which I had rented from the Redbox at Smith's (with a free code). What a lovely Valentine's Day/weekend! I really can't even say enough how happy I was to get to do all this with my Sam. Lucky for us, it was also like a perfect day with how we interacted-we were just happy to be together, and nothing could rain on our little parade. That's the best-it's so frustrating when something is off and neither knows what. I'm so happy the day was so perfect-I'm really blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds pretty perfect. I'm glad you guys were able to use the gift cards. You are too cute. I just love you.

    ReplyDelete