The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Oh, Sunday Morning...

Have you ever seen this? It's called "Sunday Morning."


This was pretty much us two weeks ago. I really do think 9:00 church is awesome, but apparently because we made it so easily the week before I underestimated how long we'd take that morning. 

It really made me realize what is essential and what is just...fuss, on a Sunday morning. Fancy hairstyle that takes half an hour for Jori? She was lucky it got in a ponytail. (If it did...I can't remember. We might have played the 'wavy' card, to justify the tangles.) German Pancakes, our usual Sunday morning tradition? Atticus had cereal, and Jori a banana and toast in the foyer of the church. Even somewhat coordinated clothing on our four-year-old? No time! I had to be glad she was in a dress! Sunday shirt? Apparently Atticus didn't think this was necessary, and even this we forewent to get over there. Atticus wore a too-small-for-him sweater jacket thing, bare chested underneath. Even walking to church, which we almost always do because we only live about a block away, was out. We drove. With the kids sitting on the floor of the van because I didn't want to strap them in for a block's drive and I'm dangerous.

We finally puffed in about seven minutes late, when they were singing the sacrament hymn. 

But. Even with all the chaos that reigned that morning, our later-than-it-needed-to-be-start, and late arrival...I couldn't help but feel so grateful to be there. So glad we made it in time to take the sacrament. Because we were so close to missing it, it made me all the more grateful for it. 

I often think of a story that you can read about in this talk,about Joseph F. Smith in a dream he had with the prophet Joseph Smith. In it there's the phrase "I'm late, but I'm clean! I'm clean!" 

Love that.

1 comment: