The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Women's day out

If you don't already know, I am the only girl in my family with five brothers, four of whom are older and married. I've usually resented (sometimes willingly, other times secretly) all the 'Men only' activities my brothers and dad would take part in at different times growing up, and now as adults (with Sam included). In their defense, Men's days are not very frequent. But I envied them: I wanted a day that was just packed to the brim with entertainment! Such days usually include golfing, going out to a 'manly' action movie, and gorging themselves with too much food at a delicious restaurant like Tucanos. One such day was August 4th...

...but a week later we had a Women's day out!! Woo hoo! These are even LESS frequent, since most husbands are too busy with work the majority of the time to be able to coordinate with all of them a time when women could all get together (because it's not really a day off if we still have to take care of the kids...). But my sis-in-law Britany and her daughter Evie were in town (my brother Dan, her husband, had to spend the past seven and next two weeks in Texas because of the Army) and since they live in Virginia, we couldn't pass up the chance! So we...

Got pedicures: 



 Went out for an early dinner at P.F. Changs...
 Went bowling...(I won, barely)


...and finished off the night with a game of Last Word at my parents house. All in all, a great women's day out!!! :)

2 comments: