The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

The Hatch Clan: Where Babies Wear White Tuxedos

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Videos and brief update

Obviously I haven't been blogging much lately. I'll give you a quick update, hopefully in chronological order:

Our last laptop died. Sadness. Especially because I hadn't saved all of the pictures and videos to another source yet. Fortunately, I did save some of the latest vids like the day before it really bit the bullet, so that's good. And I'm hoping my bro Mike can access what was on the hard drive and we can retrieve anything else that I didn't save to an external source.

On the bright side, I found and secured an internship for Summer Term. Yay! I'll be interning with the Division of Child and Family Services, basically just shadowing for the extent of it. It surprised me, honestly: I thought I'd be...more hands on, maybe? Actually contributing to whatever organization I interned with. But they said since I'll be there for such a short amount of time and am an undergraduate student, they can't really give me many duties so my time would best be used just observing as many different things as I can. But really I think that'll be interesting, and informative. Basically I'll get an idea of what Social Workers do.

The only downside to me finding an internship is how crazy busy we're going to be. Sam has to complete 150 hours for his internship, and mine will require 135 hours. So basically that's around 20 hours per week each. Plus I'm scheduled for a world religions class, which is equivalent  to half-time student work again. Why does any of this matter? Jori pori. We'll finally really have to rely on others to care for her for quite a bit of those 8 weeks. It's discouraging, but I'm trying not to be prideful and accept help gratefully. Just easier said than done. 

I'm real excited for Spring Term to get done, even though Summer Term is going to be even crazier. I just really don't like group work! Not that there's anything wrong with the people, really. I'm just evil.

Though our laptop died, a couple days later my friend Laura was EXTREMELY generous, and offered to give us the laptop she used throughout college because she wasn't really using it anymore. So after my bro Mike fixed it up (thanks again), it's running great and we have a computer at home again. Yay!

That's about all to report. I have a few more cute pics and vids from our camera, but it's in the trunk of my parent's car so they'll have to wait. Still, here's some videos that I haven't yet loaded:







2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the videos. They NEVER do what you want, when you want them too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I misspelled. too = to

    ReplyDelete